Monday 5 October 2015

My Make for Today

Hi there
I went to the opening of Kraftyhands Art & Craft Emporium in Leeds on Saturday and learnt a new technique, well its not a new one to those of you who are into mixed media but its new to me. I have watched different videos on how to play with mixed media but have always thought no no no to messy. So while I was at Kraftyhands, Mike was doing some free make and takes so I sat my bottom on a chair and away we went and today I made this using the same technique.

Items I used:
MDF Tag
White Gesso
White Tissue Paper
Clock Stamp
Mod Podge
IndigoBlu Texture Stencil
Flowers from my stash
Die Cut Butterfly
Vellum
Pro-Markers - Honeycomb, Poppy, Gold, Black
StazOn Ink Pad
Glitter Flakes
Gold Embossing Powder
Gold Mirri Card
Ribbon
Watercolour Pencils
Debbi Moore sentiment stamp

Here is how I made it:
I started of by painting the MDF Tag with white Gesso and while that was drying I stamped the tissue paper. When the Gesso was dry I Mod Podge the MDF Tag and attached the stamped tissue paper. I let it dry for a few minutes and then went round the edge with a block of sandpaper to remove the overlap of tissue paper. I then Mod Podge over the top of the tissue paper and died it off with my heat gun. Once that was dry I picked out 3 contrasting colours of watercolour pencils, red, orange and yellow and scribbled over the tissue paper, I then dipped my fingers in water and blended the water colour all over the tag. Once that was dry I glued through a stencil with Flitter Glue and sprinkled Gilding Flakes over the area.
While it was drying I die cut the butterfly using vellum and 2 x flourishes in the gold miri card and then coloured the butterfly with pro-markers.
I attached the flourishes to the tag and attached the flowers, leaves and butterfly with Pinflair Glue. I stamped the sentiment with Versamark and embossed with gold embossing powder and die cut the shape and attached with Pinflair Glue.
To finish of I threaded ribbon through the hole of the tag and hung on the wall.
I am really pleased with my 1st attempt of mixed media and I think I will be doing more of this type of crafting.
Before you go just a reminder that Kraftyhands are launching their Totally Tiffany cd on 10 October so pop over HERE and pre-order your copy and also have a look at the gallery HERE to see mine and the rest of the DT samples made for this cd.
Till the next time



1 comment:

julie_woolston said...

Beautiful Jeanette lovely detail.
Hugs Julie xxx